>>1
Why does he need to be a computer user to oversee the legal framework for cyber security?
The US Commander in Chief has not only never fought a war, he has not served in the military.
I have been using computers since 1968 beginning with CDC, Univac, and IBM mainframes.
I worked my way through graduate school as a programmer. I have five networked computers in my office running Linux and Windows 10.
That does not make me an expert on either cyber security or the legal framework for it.

Developing commercial or military level cyber security requires that you be actively engaged in cyber security on an day in day out basis because it is a moving target.
Anyone so engaged is hardly in a position to develop the legal or political expertise to oversee government policy.
Sakurada may be a klutz and a political hack but that would not change even if he was addicted to using a computer.
"A government survey from 2015 found that over two-thirds of people older than 60 had little or no access to the Internet."
No, the survey as reported in English said access OR interest. Since almost all cell phones in Japan have had built in Internet access for nearly two decades,
anyone over 60 with a cell phone would have been using the Internet whether they knew it or not.

ポストの記事には非常に良質なフォローコメントが付いてる
セキュリティの法的枠組みを監督する立場の者は別にpcユーザーである必要はないと
米国防長官は戦地に立ったことも、軍歴すらない
ちなみに日本のケータイは20年来ネットに繋がっており、高齢者がそれを知っているかともかくネット利用者である