Several days ago, a Japanese female acquaintance of mine told me her own experience,
which persuaded me that Japanese people are totally haunted by the sexist ideology.
She was graduated from a prominent women's university in Japan, and are not only fluent in English and French but also familiar with Latin.
Never have I met any Americans who is more familiar with the Western classics (e.g. Cicero, Virgil and Ovid) than she.

She entered into a Japanese company. Then, the instruction which she received was to serve tea for her bosses every day
and to clean her office once a week as like other female colleagues who are high school graduates.
Unless her bosses entirely forgot her being a university graduate, it is not from what university one was graduated,
but whether one was male or female that mattered to them. This is neither more nor less than sexism.

Indeed, the population of Japan is larger than those of western European countries. But half of the population,
women cannot fully utilise their abilities. This is why Japan fails to be equal with the western European countries.