Hello, I am an American in Lafayette, Louisiana. As for Japanese pop culture, since, because of my personal interest, I began to research, I have found much to be said of it,
but one of its wonders is about popular Japanese idol groups such as are called something 46. To my amazement, their member girls are far more similar to the Caucasian in outward appearance than to average Japanese girls.
In general, the more favoured members in the group seem to have more of this tendency, which is probably reflected in the taste of Japanese boys.

Nevertheless, what's more curious, they are totally different from the Western in inward personality. They usually behave themselves as if they were obedient and weak women who needed protecting.
Japanese guys seem to have an ancient idea (such as Hamlet's) that a woman must be frail to deserve the name.
As far as concerns the views on the sexes, Japan is filled with the atmosphere of antiquity. It was quite briefly epitomised by the antediluvian remarks by Yoshiro MORI, the chairman of the Tokyo Olympics committee,.